Thursday, April 9, 2015

Lesson recap/ Other Trainer

So this is going to be slightly long and slightly boring.

We went for my lesson yesterday and it went well. Andrew taught us and we worked on bending and shoulder in. It was more the idea of shoulder in as we are not quite physically strong enough to do it. Duke tried hard and gave it his best to try and figure out what the crazy women up there wants. We also did some transitions so his brain would not fry. Unfortunately we forgot the camera so there is no photographic proof of anything.

Last week I got a little butt hurt over so things N said to me. When I started riding I was paying $40 a lesson, and if I came more then twice a week on my own I was to pay a little something for that. That never happened so I don't know how much that would have been. Then Andrew and I built the cavalettis.

We built them because we wanted some to use, N never asked for them. Well she was so excited to have them to use she wanted to pay for them or exchange lessons for them. Ok, sure. We gave her a materials list that came to a couple hundred bucks not including any of Andrew's time and labor. She said she would give me 10 lessons in exchange. Everyone was happy. We got one or two lessons but then N missed more and I missed a couple. But what I did not realize is all these rides where Andrew has been helping me instead of her are counting towards my lessons. Right this moment I have three left. What I got bugged about was when I mentioned that to N she seemed to get a little, for lack of a better word, upset. Then she told me it was $45 for her lessons and $35 for each ride. Ok, I did not know the prices had changed,but it is ok we still have three more lesson/rides.

Then yesterday, she mentions as we are leaving, that she is planning to ship Duke to the other dressage trainer's place for a few months for her to use for her students! I was a little peeved at first as I had just bought a dressage saddle, that had only shipped out that day, and will only fit Duke and she had really pushed me to buy it! There is a silver lining. The Other Trainer's place is close to Andrew's work, I have heard she is very good, and her facilites are very nice. Unfortunately I don't know how many people I will have to share my horse with, and if I can afford to ride with Other Trainer. Also if I will be able to use him in the clinic in June. Aargh so annoying! I knew that something like this could always happen but a little more warning would have been nice. I guess we will see how it works out. I don't know when they plan to move him soooo we will just keep on keeping on for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment